Method of action:
Medically reviewed by Fedorchenko Olga Valeryevna, PharmD. Last updated on 2020-03-26
Attention! Information on this page is intended only for medical professionals! Information is collected in open sources and may contain significant errors! Be careful and double-check all the information on this page!
Top 20 medicines with the same components:
Top 20 medicines with the same treatments:
For dilution of solutions for nebulisation.
Adults, children and elderly: use as directed by the physician.
Natrii chloridi Grindeks is only to be used as a diluent for diluting products for nebulisation and should not be used on its own. It should not be taken orally or administered parenterally.
Each ampoule contains 2.5 ml of solution.
Refer to the patient information leaflet of the nebulised product to be diluted that your physician has prescribed you for detailed instructions on use of this solution as a diluent. To ensure accurate dosing it is recommended that a dosing syringe is used if necessary.
Method of Administration: By inhalation from a suitable nebuliser or an intermittent positive pressure ventilator after the single dose ampoule has been opened and its contents transferred to the nebuliser chamber. Administration should be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for the device.
1. Prepare the nebuliser by following the manufacturer's instructions and the advice of your doctor.
2. The nebulised product to be diluted should be introduced into the nebuliser chamber as instructed in the appropriate patient information leaflet.
3. Carefully separate a new saline ampoule from the strip. Never use an ampoule that has been opened already.
3. Open the ampoule by simply twisting off the top, always taking care to hold it in an upright position.
4. Squeeze the contents of the plastic ampoule or use a dosing syringe as required into the nebuliser chamber and swirl gently to mix.
5. Assemble the nebuliser and use it as directed by your doctor.
6. After nebulisation, clean the nebuliser according to the manufacturer's instructions. It is important that the nebuliser is kept clean.
As the single dose units contain no preservatives it is important that the contents are used immediately after opening and a fresh ampoule is used for each administration to avoid microbial contamination. Partly used, opened or damaged single dose units should be discarded.
Any solution remaining in the nebuliser chamber should be discarded.
The solution should not be administered orally or parenterally.
Do not use unless the product is clear and the pack intact. Discard any surplus after use. Natrii chloridi Grindeks should be used with a nebuliser, only under the direction of a physician. Patients using nebuliser solutions at home should be warned that if the usual relief is diminished or the usual duration of action reduced, they should consult their doctor.
Natrii chloridi Grindeks is not expected to cause any undesirable effects in normal use.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Card Scheme; website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
Substantial oral ingestion may require the use of a diuretic to remove excess sodium.
Isotonic (0.9% w/v) sodium chloride solution is widely used for dilution purposes.
There are no findings of relevance to the prescriber other than those already mentioned elsewhere in the SPC. Please refer to the product to be reconstituted.
No special requirements.
However, we will provide data for each active ingredient