Acriflex contains chlorhexidine. Chlorhexidine is known to induce hypersensitivity, including generalised allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock. The prevalence of chlorhexidine hypersensitivity is not known, but available literature suggests this is likely to be very rare. Acriflex should not be administered to anyone with a potential history of an allergic reaction to a chlorhexidine-containing compound.
Keep away from the eyes.
Avoid contact with the brain, meninges and middle ear. Not for use in body cavities.
Frequency not known: Allergic skin reactions such as dermatitis, pruritus, erythema, eczema, rash, urticaria, skin irritation, and blisters.
Frequency not known: Hypersensitivity including anaphylactic shock.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Care Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Overdosage is extremely unlikely. Chlorhexidine is poorly absorbed and systemic effects are unlikely even if large amounts are swallowed. However, gastric lavage followed by supportive measures may be used as appropriate.
Chlorhexidine is a bisbiguanide disinfectant which is effective against a wide range of vegetative gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Arlatone 983 S
Quinoline Yellow Lake (E104)
Three years unopened.
Internally lacquered aluminium, blind end tubes containing 30gm of product, closed with a polyolefin cap in a cardboard outer.
For general use, apply freely and smooth gently into the skin. For cuts, abrasions, burns, etc. spread freely and, if necessary, cover with a dressing.
There are no recommended dosage schedules as the product is for use as needed.